We certainly love Android and it’s features that comes with a power-packed performance and user-friendly interface. More Mobile and tablet devices are running on Android than any other operating system across the world. Google claims that one doest requires an antivirus software for Android if he downloads safe files and applications from Google Play store only with all security features enabled.
However safeguarding yourself against malware and viruses in mobile and tablet devices is equally important as that of Computers since people are using phones and tablets for Banking/Professional use as well as storing sensitive data and of course, a little security does no harm. There are plenty of Antivirus applications available for Android devices as well but they have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Top 10 Best Antivirus Applications for Android:
Here is a list of Top 10 Best Antivirus Applications for Android devices that are popular among users and are top in performance-
1. 360 Security
It emphasizes Anti-Theft, memory boosting, CPU cooler, call filter and virus protection across platforms it is available for. It provides real-time protection against viruses and malware by scanning application for potential vulnerabilities in your phone and blocking the unauthorized permission of those apps recommending to install them. In addition, it has a multifunctional lock screen for providing the status of the phone right from the lock screen. It is a free app with ads and in-app purchases available.
- Speed booster for cleaning up RAM and ROM boosting multitasking and gaming experience.
- Intruder selfie for someone who tries to break into your phone.
- Call and SMS filter against spam.
- Premium access is available for $5.49 for a year.
Avira is a well-known name in security. This app serves all the basic purpose of an antivirus tool and has additional features as well. It even scans external memory, SD cards etc and has a unique privacy scale system which rates your app as much as they can be trusted. Phone finder, browser protection, CPU cleaner and blocking Spam calls and SMS are among its free features. Also, this app can be managed on several devices simultaneously at one time with a web-based management portal. Avira also comes with an ‘integrated identity safeguard’ feature which tracks and scans if any of your contacts/Emails have been subjected to data breaches.
- Privacy advisor for showing how applications collect your data.
- Anti-ransomware feature.
- Web-based malware protection.
- Premium access at $11.99 per year.
3. Avast Mobile Security
Security giant avast is safeguarding the world on multiple platforms. It works on a single tap to scan and protect against spyware, virus, malware, and Trojans. Call blocker, Firewall, Anti-Theft and remotely accessing, app locking and wiping out your device are some of the free features this app offers. The premium access has more features including camera and microphone scanning, SIM security and memory booster functions. Avast has been recommended a lot by millions of its users. It is lite on your device as well.
- Insights on how much time you spend on your apps, consumption power and data.
- Web shield for Safe browsing.
- Photo vault for securing photographs against unwanted access.
- The device can be locked and wiped out remotely.
- Premium access at $11.99 per year same as that of Avira.
4. AVG Antivirus
AVG is a very well known antivirus app for Android. Avast purchased AVG in 2016 and that’s why the experience of both apps is pretty much the same. A WiFi security scanner, photo vault, app lock, scanner for protection against malware and Trojans, Anti-Theft feature integrated with Google maps and memory boosters are its free features however this lacks the firewall feature as that of Avast. AVG antivirus Anti-Theft feature includes emitting siren on phone, clicking images of the Intruder and recording audio and sending it via email which is very unique in itself.
- Surveillance features with strong anti-theft features.
- Photo Vault for securing photos
- Wide range of features.
- Premium access at $11.99 per year as that of Avast.
5. Bitdefender Total Security Antivirus
Bitdefender Total Security system offers amazing protection with minimal effects on the performance. A simple interface is combined with a basic scanning feature and quick performance. Alongside basic scanner, it comes with WiFi security, memory booster, and VPN protector also. It is the most basic antivirus tool available in the market and more depth Bitdefender is also available for more needs of security. It also goes very lite on the device and doesn’t affect the performance. All it does is scan and wait to scan more stuff as soon as it is downloaded to the device. it is free of cost but contains ads in the app.
- Minimal effects on the performance of the device.
- Very easy setup.
- Scheduled scans are available.
6. McAfee Security and Power Booster
McAfee is an award-winning security app for Android and other platforms as well. It has most of the advanced features in its free apps such as anti-theft measures, security lock, WiFi security, battery optimizer, scanner, and memory cleaner. McAfee scans the app for possible data leaks and blocks them if necessary. It also blocks access to malicious websites and programs as well as spam calls and texts. Ransomware and spyware protection is speeded up in McAfee and have bonus useful features as well.
- The single subscription works cross-platform.
- File shredder completely removed data putting bar on its recovery.
- Premium access at $29.99 per year which is worthy provided the features it offers.
7. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
Kaspersky has a reputation in security services since it was launched for Windows OS. The free version of Kaspersky antivirus for Android has a basic scanner with a high rate of capturing malware, blocking malicious websites before they are opened to stop the possible breach, anti-theft features, anti-phishing features and an app lock for extra security. The app isn’t heavy on Device and doesn’t affect or slow down device performance. It is available for a 30Days free trial for all it’s free and premium features.
- Blocking unwanted calls and spam SMS.
- Find a phone feature to locate a lost phone.
- Background security (Real-time).
- Protection against Trojans, malware, spyware and ransomware attacks.
- Premium access at $14.95 per year.
8. Norton Security and Antivirus
Symantec Corporation is a well-established player in the security market over the years. Norton security and antivirus are rated best for its ease in use along with its powerful performance and tools. It not only blocks malicious programs but also scans apps for inbuilt features which can possibly assist a breach in your device and suspends them till the user allows it. Other tools such as anti-phishing, firewall, locking phone via SMS or remote access for capturing photos and recordings of the device is missing. When the app was subjected to test, it was able to detect 100% of the viruses which is rare with antivirus programs. Norton has been rated best for security in android devices with millions of users and their feedback.
- WiFi scanners for unsecured networks available.
- Safe search on the browser.
- Blocker for spam SMS and calls.
- App locker and secure password manager.
- Premium access for $39.99 for one year.
9. Google Play Protect
Included inside android, Google Play Protect is android’s very own virus protection program. It scans your device and they compare it to Google’s Playstore version to verify any changes in them and hence finding possible malicious programs. This combination provides a very secure operating environment and is free. It is present and comes pre-installed on every android device with a switch to on/off. Google play protect leaves no sign of its running on your device. It doesn’t affect the performance of the device and remains lit. This is the very first recommendation for security in android devices however it lacks several features which come with top-end antivirus programs.
- Scans app as they are installed.
- Blocks malicious programs and apps before they can run on your device.
- Free of cost with Android devices.
10. Trend Micro Mobile Security and Antivirus
Trend Micro puts it’s an effort on finding and scanning apps and restricts them to communicate or access other apps for total control over data sharing and control. It offers security on other OS platforms for the same license. It even scans Facebook for your profile and privacy settings ensuring private sensitive information is not displayed/left vulnerable. A basic scanner for malware and viruses, a safe web surfing feature and blocking unwanted calls and spam SMS are other features that come with this app.
- Social media scanner for privacy.
- Multi-faceted ransomware protection against attacks.
- Password manager for secure storage of passwords.
Antivirus programs can sometimes cause heavy drainage on power or acquire high ROM for optimum performance. We should always consider rankings, layers updates, and user reviews before buying a program for security. The above list contains all the Top Best Antivirus Applications for Android devices which may ease you to choose your pick. Safety and security is, however, the base concern for all of them.