The most famous and fast-growing router around the world D-Link is Taiwanese multinational networking and equipment manufacturing corporation headquartered stationed at Taipei, Taiwan. The company was founded in March 1986 in Taipei as Datex Systems Inc. The 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.254 are the two most common IP address used by the D-Link. Here we are going to discuss how to login into the DLink router using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 IP Addresses and how to change or reset your username and password. Before we talk about the login procedure of the wireless router, let us see how to find the IP Address of your router.
D-Link Router Login Not Working?
In the event of the login page of the D-Link router is not working. First, you need to check whether the right IP address is entered or not. The basic drill is to look below the router. Below the router, there is an IP Address written along with the label.
In case you are not able to reach the router, follow the below steps:
- In your computer go to the option run/search and type cmd.
- The Command Prompt window would open.
- In Command Prompt window type the following: “ipconfig” and press enter.
- Find the Default Gateway in it.
- Your IP Address would write under it.
An IP address, or merely an “IP,” is a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network. It allows a system to recognized by other systems connected via the Internet protocol.
Must Read: Best Driver Updater for Windows
How To Login To D-Link Router?
To login into the D-Link Wireless Router, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps carefully without any fail.
- Open your browser (Chrome or Mozilla preferred).
- In the browser’s search bar type your IP Address and press enter.
- Then, it would ask you to enter the username and password.
- Enter the same, and you would be able to access the admin or administrative interface panel of your router.
The administrative panel contains all the settings and configurations of your router. In the admin interface panel, you can change or configure the password, username, any other network settings.
How to change the D-Link Router Password
The definitive method to change the password of the D-Link wireless router.
- In your web browser type the following: http://192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
- Click on the Setup tab present at the top and click Wireless Settings on the left side.
- Now, Click on Manual Wireless Network Setup.
- Slide down the page to the “Wireless Security Mode.”
- Here is the section where you can change your wireless password. You can change a new password; be sure to click Save Settings at the top of the page once complete.
How to Restore Router Password or Username
Sometimes people forget their log-in Id and password of the admin panel. Let’s see how to restore the router username and password of the router. The default login name and password of the router written below the router along with the label of the IP Address. Provided you have changed your log-in username and password and do not remember it, follow the steps below:
- In such a case, you would have to reset your router.
- Resetting means changing every changed settings or configuration back to default.
- The reset button is present on the backside of the router.
- As the button is tiny, you would need a paperclip or toothpick to press and hold it for about 10 seconds.
- After pressing the button your username and password would revert to the default. And you can now log in to the admin panel through the default username and password.
So to conclude, through the steps mentioned above, one can check and fix their D-Link router if it’s not working. Alternatively, you can disable the computer’s antivirus which might be the culprit in blocking the router login IP address.
Must Read: How to Fix DNS Server Not responding