A large number of people rely on Dell when it comes to laptops. Yes, this is one company that is truly good. But when you purchase a laptop then the first thing that you want to know is about the warranty on that laptop. Here are all the details that you need about dell warranty check
Details about Dell Warranty Check:
The standard warranty of many Dell laptops is 1 year from the date of purchase of the device. During that 1 year if there are any hardware failures in the device then the customer can get the device replaced or repaired without paying any money. Dell gives customers the option to extend the warranty period. This period can be extended only when the laptop or tablet is still under the warranty period.
In the case of desktop and laptops, the warranty can be extended for a period of 5 years from the date of purchase of the device. In the case of tablets, the warranty can be extended for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase of the tablet.
- Its advisted to keep your windows drivers update always.
What if you are not aware of the warranty period?
Now we keep buying different electronic devices and gadgets throughout the year. So we may forget the date of purchase of the Dell device or we may get confused. We might not be sure about the exact date of purchase. In such cases is it possible to find out if your Dell device is under the warranty period? Yes, this is very much possible. There are ways and means to find out the details about your Dell product warranty.
A look at the methods to Check the Dell warranty:
1. Check the warranty status online:
- In order to check the warranty status online, you have to know the service tag or express service code of the Dell device. This code is present on the backside of the Dell device.
- Once you get this code then visit the official Dell website.
- Now go to the warranty page of the website.
- Now in the space provided enter the service tag or express service code of the device.
- Click on the submit button
- You will now get the warranty status of the Dell device.
2. Make use of support assist:
- Now sometimes you may not be able to find the service tag or express service code. That does not mean that now you cannot find the warranty status of your Dell device.
- On you Dell device there is a built-in Support Assist tool. You can make use of this tool to find the status of the Dell warranty.
- Start your Dell device and make use of Start or Task Bar to open the Support Assist Program. All the new PC’s come with this programme. But in case you are not able to find the same on your Dell device then you can easily download this programme.
- Now once you open this programme you will find that on the left-hand side the warranty status of your device is mentioned. Here you will find the expiry date of your warranty and you will also find the service tag or express service code.
3. Contact Dell’s customer support team:
If you do not want to get into the hassles of checking the warranty status of your Dell device online or from the Support Assist Programme then here is one of the easiest solutions. You can get in touch with the customer support team of Dell directly and tell them that you need the details about the expiry date of your Dell device. They will ask you some questions like your name or may the details about the product type. In addition to all these things, there is one very important thing that they will ask and that is the service tag or express service code of your Dell device. So before you call the customer support team make sure that you keep the service tag or express service code of Dell device in front of you.
Make use of these easy methods to find out the Dell warranty of your Dell device.
- Learn how to fix DNS server not responding in Windows