Microsoft Windows operating system is one of the most common operating systems all around the world. The features such as user-friendly interface and support for a variety of applications make this one of the most popular among the home pc owners.
But like every other software and hardware device, it is also prone to errors. But the best thing is that you can resolve each and every error by finding the ways, doing an online search. Like many of the error codes that you can encounter there is an error 0x80004005. And in this article, you will find some of the ways on How to Fix Error 0x80004005.
Some common errros with fixes
- Fix Whea_Uncorrectable_Error Windows 8.1
- Fix Windows 10 Black Screen With Cursor Error
- Fix USB Ports Not Working in Windows 10
Why Error 0x80004005 Caused:
The error 0x80004005 is associated with data or file corruption. There are many issues due to which this error can occur. Before looking at the ways to resolve this error let’s find out the causes due to which this error can occur.
1. Windows 10 Update Error
Many windows 10 users have complained about this error while updating windows. This error occurs only when you are trying to download an update but the files are corrupted.
2. Microsoft Outlook
Another cause of this error can be due to the arrival of the new message in Microsoft outlook. Whenever this error is displayed it will bar you from receiving and sending emails.
3. Error in the Registry Key
The registry key error can include problems in single or multiple registry key entries. Most of the time it is caused when trying to access shared folders or due to virtual machine error.
4. Corrupt or missing .dll file
Corrupt .dll file can also be the cause of this error. The .dll files contain important data and code that are used for the functioning of multiple programs and if anyone of it gets corrupted it can affect lots of programs. These were some of the causes due to which this error can occur. Now let’s find out the ways on How to Fix Error 0x80004005.
Solutions to Fix Error 0x80004005:
1. Fixing windows 10 update error
If you are encountering this error while updating windows 10 then the only thing which can cause this error is the corrupted windows update files. In order to fix this error, there are a number of ways but let us look at the easiest way.
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E.
- Now go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and press Ctrl + A to select everything in that folder and delete it.
- Now go to the recycle bin and click on empty recycle bin.
- Restart your system and run windows update to check if the error is resolved or not.
2. Fixing Microsoft outlook error
Sometimes disabling the antivirus can also solve this problem. First, try disabling the antivirus and check if the issue is resolved or not. If this does not fix the problem then try disabling the notification of the new mail by following these steps:
- Open Microsoft outlook.
- And in the menu bar find ‘Tools’ menu.
- In it click on ‘Options’ and then click on ‘Preferences’.
- After that click on ‘Email options’ and uncheck ‘Display a notification message when a new mail arrives’.
- If this error was occurring because of the outlook then following the above steps will resolve this error.
3. Fixing Registry Key Error
If this error was not occurring because of the above two listed points then an error in registry key can be a possible cause of this error. In order to know How to Fix Error 0x80004005 due to registry key error then follow the steps given below:
- Open the ‘Run’ by pressing Windows + R.
- Type ‘regedit’ and press enter.
- Now in the registry editor window type the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers.
- If the registry key is present then delete it and check if the error is resolved or not. If it is not present then there might be some other issue that is causing this error.
4. Fixing corrupt .dll file
As the .dll files are required for the working of many programs, therefore, it is important to fix this issue as soon as possible. To do that follow the below listed steps:
- Click on start and then go to all programs\accessories\system tools.
- Then click on ‘Disk cleanup’ and you will be told how much disk space you can free and which unnecessary files you can delete.
- Select ‘Temporary Internet files’ and click on clean up system files.
- Most of the time deleting temporary internet files fixes this error. If still it is not fixed then try some other solution.