For security reasons you many have secure passcode that locks your iPhone. But you may forget the passcode. In fact, if you enter the wrong passcode 6 consecutive times then your iPhone will get locked.
Now first let us see the series that follows when you enter the wrong passcode
- 6 times wrong passcode entered: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- 7 times wrong passcode entered: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes
- 8 times wrong passcode entered: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- 10 times wrong passcode entered: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes
This means that till 9 attempts you have a chance to get access to your iphone. You only need to have the patience to wait for some time. But when you enter the wrong passcode 10 consecutive times then you get the message iphone disabled connect to itunes. Do not panic if you get the above error. There are some solutions that you can try to get access to your iPhone.
iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes – Error Fixed Methods
1. Sync iphone with itunes:
- If you have recently taken the backup of your iphone and if you remember the correct passcode then you can try this solution.
- Connect your iphone to the computer that you normally use for syncing by making use of the Apple-supplied OEM.
- Next you need to open itunes on your computer.
- On the main screen of iTunes you will find the sync button. You need to click on this button.
- Next, you will be prompted to enter the passcode. Make sure that you enter the correct passcode and this will help to take the back up of the iPhone to the computer.
- Now click on the option to restore the iPhone from the recent backup.
- Next, you have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the process.
- After the completion of the restore process, disconnect the iPhone from the computer and restart the iphone.
2. Make use of find my iPhone to wipe your device:
- You can use this solution if your iphone is connected to the internet.
- If you have another device then go to the website of iCloud.
- Here go to the sign-in page. You will be prompted to enter the username and password. Enter the same and sign in.
- Now find the option “All Devices”
- Click on the name of your iPhone
- Now click on the option Erase iPhone. Now all the data on the device will be removed.
- Now you can either restore the data from the backup or you may set up the iphone as new.
- Now you have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the process.
3. Restoring iPhone from recovery mode:
- Now if you just cannot recollect your passcode then you can restore your iPhone only in the recovery mode. You will have to erase all the data in this option.
- You have to connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Now you have to follow certain steps which will put your iPhone in the recovery mode.
- For this, you have to first quickly press and release the volume up button. Then you have to quickly press and release the volume down button.
- Now you have to press and hold the side button till the Recovery Mode appears on the screen.
- One thing that you have to remember here is that you must not release the side button as soon as you have seen the Apple logo. You have to hold the button until you enter the Recovery Mode.
- Now you will be prompted to restore or update your iPhone. You have to follow the steps to complete the process. In case if this process does not get completed in 15 minutes then your iphone will exit the recovery mode and you will have to follow all the steps once again.
- Once this process is complete you will have to do the initial set up process. In this process, your iPhone will be set to the factory settings.
Must Read: iPhone Call Recorder App
4. Make use of Device Firmware Update mode restore or the DFU mode restore:
- If the above methods fail to restore your iphone then you will have to make use of this method. In this method, iPhone can connect with iTunes even when the operating system is not activated.
- You have to connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Then you need to quickly press and release the volume up button. Next, you have to quickly press and release the volume down button. Now you have to press and hold the Side or the power button till black screen appears.
- When the screen appears black you have to press and hold the volume down button and simultaneously hold down the Side or the power button.
- After 5 seconds you have to leave the power or the side button. But you have to continue to hold the volume down button till the iTunes screen appears.
- Now follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you manage to restore your iPhone with this method then disconnect the phone and do a forced restart. Exit from the DFU mode and then start the iPhone in the normal mode.
If the above methods do not help then the only option left is to use third party software. You will have to search and download the right non Apple software for this. You need to be careful while choosing and downloading any third party software.
If nothing works then the only option that you have is to get in touch with an authorized iphone expert who can help you in the correct way.