Making Google as your Homepage & Defualt Search Engine is quite simple. We all know that Google, founded just over a decade ago, has reinvented the search engine system. Google’s search algorithm filters out required information perfectly within seconds. Hence, Google search is used everywhere & everyone. So everyone of us want to speed up process while searching what they need, So Without bragging much I will explain you How to make google as your homepage on different browsers.
Steps on How to Make Google as Homepage on Different Browsers:
Different browsers follow different steps to the settings panel.
- To set your homepage on the Chrome browser of your computer, open chrome.
- On the top right corner of the window, click the Menu button.
- Find settings in the menu, and click it to open the panel.
- In the settings view, find the setting to ‘Show home button’.
- On enabling the option, a text box will appear, to enter your home page.
- Enter the URL as ‘www.google.com’ and click OK.
- Save these settings.
- Close the browser and open it again to find the new homepage.
- If you are thinking about how to make Google homepage in Firefox; it’s very easy.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Navigate to the desired URL, google.com.
- You will find a small globe icon on the left side of the entered URL.
- Click on the icon, and drag that icon all the way to home icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- This will create a pop – up the window with confirmation of making this document as your homepage.
- Confirm the option and you have successfully changed your homepage to Google.
Microsoft Edge (Internet Explorer):
- For Microsoft Edge or the internet explorer, you will find this setting in the Internet Options.
- To access those options, find the menu at the top right corner of the browser.
- Once the menu appears, find the Tools section in the list.
- Clicking on tools will open a new panel with lots of options.
- Find and navigate to Internet Options.
- Among all the available choices, choose General.
- Opening the general tab, you will find a text box below the section of the Home page.
- Enter the URL, ‘www.google.com’ and hit Save.
- This will save the new homepage as Google. To verify, close the browser, and start it again to find Google as your new homepage.
- For Apple’s Safari browser, homepage settings are very intuitive.
- You will find an option called Preferences right on the main dashboard of the browser.
- Under Preferences, head over to General Tab.
- In the General tab, find Home Page option and you will find a text box to enter the URL of the desired home page.
- Enter the URL of Google and hit enter.
- That will set your new home page.
Suggested Read: Forgot Mac Password? Learn How to Reset in 2Mins!
- Since Android is Google administered, Google has the given easy solution to the question, how to make Google homepage.
- In the Android phone, open the browser app.
- Go to the menu of the application.
- Find settings in that menu.
- You will find the number of tabs in the menu, go to the General tab.
- There is an option to set homepage in this section.
- Enter ‘www.google.com’ and you are ready to go.
- In iOS, the Safari browser has its own custom homepage featuring a lot of services.
- Hence, we cannot set Google as its homepage. But there are some workaround ways to simplify the task.
- You can create a shortcut on the Safari home screen and use it to access Google directly and instantly.
- Enter the URL ‘www.google.com’ in the text box of Safari.
- On the bottom of the screen, you will find an icon to ‘add this as a shortcut’ which looks like an arrow from a document.
- Taping on that icon, you will find the range of options.
- Choose ‘Add to home screen’ option from the available choices.
- That will get a shortcut on the Safari home screen, and you can use to access Google.
Many browsers have a default search engine, set to Google. There are a lot of customizing options in a browser to help you tailor the experience. Hence it is fairly easy to answer how to make Google your homepage on any browser. Chrome is the default Google browser, but you get an option to change the homepage.
Related Topics: How to Fix DNS Server Not Responding in Windows 10