There are chances that you have bought used airpods. Before using them it is better to rest the same. If you are planning to give your airpods to someone else then to it is better to reset the same. At times you may encounter some problems with your airpods. In that case, too you may try resetting the airpods and then check if they function normally.
Different Methods to Reset AirPods:
1. Unpairing the AirPods:
Now, this is not a mandatory step but it is always better to unpair the airpods before you reset them. In fact, you will find that even Apple recommends unpairing of the airpods. This will help in removing the airpods from the user account. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- In your phone go to the settings menu.
- Here you will find the Bluetooth option. Select this option
- There will be a list of paired devices. In this list, you will find the name of the airpods
- Now click on the I icon which is next to the name of the airpod
- Select “Forget the device” option
- Now you have successfully unpaired the airpods
You have to skip this step of unpairing the airpods if you have bought airpods.
2. Resetting the AirPods:
- Once you have successfully completed unpairing of airpods then next you have to start with the process of resetting the airpods.
- The first things that you have to do are place the airpods in the charging case and close the case for at least half a minute.
- Now open the lid of the airpod case.
- Once you have opened the lid the next thing that you have to do is locate the setup button. It must be noted that this button is present at the back of the case.
- Now you have to press and hold the button. You have to continue holding the button for around 20 seconds. First, the status light of the case will blink in amber color. Then it will start flashing white light continuously.
3. Reconnect the AirPods:
Once you have completed the resetting process then next thing that you have to do is reconnect the airpods. This can be done by following the below mentioned steps.
- First of all, you need to open the lid of the case near one of the Apple devices.
- Due to the W1 or H1 chip when you open the lid of the headphone near an Apple device you will find that a pop-up menu will be displayed automatically.
- Here you will get the option of Connect
- Click on Connect option to pair the airpods
- You are done with the pairing of the airpods
Reasons to Reset the AirPods:
- If you have bought used airpods and want to connect it to your iPhone
- You are facing battery related issues that will not resolve on their own
- You are having problems like inconsistent audio delivery
- Sometimes you will find that only one of the airpods is working
- There are any connectivity issues pertaining to the airpods.
Tips Related to AirPods:
- At times there might not be any technical problems with the airpods. The main issue could be the cleanliness of the airpods. So before you begin the reset process just check if your airpods are clean. You might just find out the real problem is the dirt and grime. Clean the airpods and the check. You might just find that the connectivity issue is resolved.
- At times you will hear a chime sound. This will indicate that you have 10% battery remaining or you have 1 % battery remaining. But what the user needs to understand here is that all the sounds are not indicating that the draining of the battery. It might be indicating some other problem and you need to check the same.
- If after resetting the airpods you still face charging issues then you need to check the connectors and you need to check if there is any hardware problem
Follow the simple guide if you want to reset the airpods.