Google’s Chromecast is one of the best streaming devices out there as it offers a lot of useful features and options. These can be quite helpful while having a great streaming experience with your friend. But since nothing is perfect, you can face issues even with your Google Chromecast. And these issues can be quite frustrating as they can ruin your streaming experience while using it with your TV. As a result, a lot of Google Chromecast users will love to reset their device to get rid of any issues.
Therefore, today we are here to show you How to Reset your Google Chromecast. If you are facing issues with your Google Chromecast, then this can be quite useful. You can also learn more about the various issues which can be fixed by resetting your Chromecast. But most importantly, you can find an easy to follow guide that can help you in resetting your device. So, if you also have a Google Chromecast device, make sure to go through this article until the end.
- Learn How to Setup Chromecast!
Why should you Reset your Google Chromecast?
Google Chromecast has a lot of useful things to offer to its users. While these features can be quite useful, you can also face issues if any of these things go wrong. And in order to fix these issues, you have to try out various things. But the simplest fix to get rid of any issues with your Google Chromecast is to reset it. By resetting your Chromecast, you simply change all the settings to the factory default values. As a result, if any of the settings are causing issues in your Chromecast, it will get fixed. And the best part about this method of fixing issues is that it works perfectly Google Chromecast for fixing all kinds of issues.
How to Reset your Google Chromecast?
Now that you know more about the benefits of resetting your Google Chromecast, the chances are that you want to get your issues fixed. Thankfully, as Chromecast is quite an easy to use the device, there are various methods to successfully reset it. And all of these methods work equally good for fixing any issues with your Chromecast. Therefore, we are here with two of the best methods that you can use to Reset your Google Chromecast quite easily.
Methods to Reset Google Chromecast:
The first method uses the Chromecast App to reset it while the other one is hardware based. And you can simply follow the given guides one by one to successfully reset your Google Chromecast:
Method1: Reset Google Chromecast via its App
- First, install the Google Chromecast app on your Android smartphone and open it.
- Now, connect with your Chromecast using your home network.
- After that, go to the information menu for your Google Chromecast dongle where you can find various information related to it.
- In here, find the Factory Reset Chromecast option and select it. Once you have done this, your Chromecast will reboot multiple times. Finally, it will be reset to the default factory settings which will get rid of any issues.
Method2: Reset Google Chromecast via its Hardware Button
- While the Chromecast app works flawlessly for resetting your device, it will not work in the case of software failure. In such a case, you need to use the hardware buttons to reset it.
- First, connect your Chromecast and power it up using the USB and HDMI ports.
- After that, hold down the button on your Google Chromecast for about 30 seconds.
- Now, the light on your dongle will start flashing after which you have to remove its cable.
- Once you have done this, your Google Chromecast will reboot a few times. And it will be successfully factory reset to fix any issues that you are facing.
We hope that you are now able to successfully reset your Google Chromecast device without any issues. You can also learn more about the various benefits that you can have by resetting your Google Chromecast device. As a result, you can get rid of all the various issues that you are facing with your Google Chromecast. But most importantly, you can find the detailed step by step reset guide for using with your Google Chromecast. In case you liked this article, then make sure to share it on social media. If you have any doubts regarding any of the solutions, feel free to ask any queries in the comments section below.
Also Read: 15 Best Kodi Builds 2019